ACE (Automated Commercial Environment)
What is ACE Highway eManifest?
The Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) is the US Customs and Border Protection shipment reporting regulation. Highway carriers are required to send crew, trucks, trailer and shipment details over the internet to U.S. Customs before reaching the U.S. border. It requires carriers to submit electronic manifest submissions and accepted by U.S. Customs one hour in advance (non-FAST shipments) and 30 minutes prior (for FAST shipments) to truck arrival at first U.S port of entry.
ACE has been in mandatory for US border crossings since 2007, and CrimsonLogic has helped countless trucks to fulfill this regulatory requirement. Our ACE service, which will be expanded into ACI, offers a number of ways in which carriers can submit eManifests to Customs.
- Web: An online account which stores all your drivers, tractors, trailers, consignees/shippers plus all your trips and shipment details. Many enhanced features on the web account are available to ease your data entry such as email alerts on responses received from US Customs, shipment and trip templates, manifest print and many more.
- FAX2EDI: FAX-TO-EDI solution is a program for carriers with no access to PC or internet access for eManifest submissions. It is also an option for carriers to use as after-hours shipments or simply for back up purposes.
- Integration: If operating with an in-house dispatch program, CrimsonLogic also offers data integration that can seamlessly transfer manifest data and submit directly to US Customs.
WebCustoms subscribers that have activated both the ACE and ACI modules have the added benefit of our eManifest Conversion Tool. For every eManifest created, the Conversion Tool will create a mirrored eManifest for the return trip! This feature is a key benefit to having both ACI and ACE on the same system, allowing users to save time, reduce workloads and eliminate clerical errors that may occur with repetitive data entry.
Other Benefits of filing eManifest through our WebCustoms Application
- Template features to minimize re-keying of vital data to reduce errors
- Quick eManifest preparation and responses with email and cell phone notifications
- Save time and money by filing directly to CBSA
- Fully web-based requires no buying or installing of software; benefit from upgrades instantly
- 24/7 Customer Support via email, phone or live chat